Company Contact Details:
Unit 22, Sugarswell Business Park, Banbury, Oxon, OX15 6HW
4th June 2018
Personal Data Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Who we are
Monkeywood is a cabinet making company in the UK who design and make bespoke fitted furniture and kitchens across the UK.
When we refer to ‘’we” or ‘’our” or ‘’Monkeywood” we are referring to Monkeywood.
How we use your information
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- To fulfil legal requirements of HMRC with regard to VAT recording, correct accounting procedures and audit purposes, as legally required, and to comply with current money laundering laws.
Why does Monkeywood need to collect and store personal data?
In order for you to provide us with your goods and or services or us to provide you with our goods and or services. We need to collect your data for the purpose of correspondence, delivery of services, billing and payment. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriately for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Monkeywood would contact you for additional agreement.
Who will have access to your personal data?
Will my data be shared with anyone else?
Any data used by Monkeywood will not be shared un-necessarily with other members of staff. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Monkeywood use the personal data it collects about me?
Monkeywood will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. We may also retain your information for longer if we need it for insurance or legal purposes. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Can I find out the personal data that the Monkeywood holds about me?
If Monkeywood does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Monkeywood or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
For what reasons will Monkeywood contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access my personal Data?
We accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
* Photo ID (Driving License, Passport, Union Card, Identity card)
* Address ID (Council Tax, Utility Bill, Bank Statement)
Contact details of the Data Protection Manager / GDPR Owner: Write to us: Data Protection Manager, Monkeywood, Unit 22, Sugarswell Business Park, Banbury, Oxon, OX15 6HW. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org